By Giorgio Zanarone
The calls for nominations for the 2019 Ronald Coase Best Dissertation and for the 2019 Elinor Ostrom Lifetime Achievement Awards are now open.
The Elinor Ostrom Lifetime Achievement Award:
- For sustained and significant academic contributions to institutional and organizational economics. It is open to anyone.
- Nominations may come from any member of the academic community, including scholars who are not linked to SIOE.
- Nominations must include an electronic letter detailing the reasons for the nomination and a copy of the nominee’s CV.
- Submissions should be sent to the SIOE Secretary, Giorgio Zanarone, at email@example.com.
- The submission deadline is April 15.
The Ronald H. Coase Dissertation Award:
- Anyone may nominate a dissertation.
- To be eligible, the candidate’s PhD must have been awarded during the calendar years 2017 or 2018
- Nominees will be asked to submit a 5-page abstract of their dissertation, and have their advisor or a Ph.D. committee member send a letter (under separate cover) explaining the contribution of the dissertation and why it should be considered for this award.
- The Award Committee will review entries and choose a shortlist of finalists. Finalists will be asked to submit their full dissertation.
- The Selection Committee will choose a winner among the finalists. The results will be announced at the SIOE meeting in June.
- Submissions should be sent to the chair of the 2019 Coase Award committee, Pauline Grosjean, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Deadline for submission is April 15th.