By Jens Prüfer
At the upcoming ASSA meetings in San Francisco (January 3-5, 2016), the prime conference on social sciences (including the annual meeting of the American Economic Association), SIOE will host an academic session on "Institutional Design and Organizational Performance." You are cordially invited to attend.
Organizer and Chair: F. Andrew Hanssen, Clemson University
- Alessandro Lizzeri, New York University, “Frictions in a Competitive, Regulated Market: Evidence from Taxis” (joint with Guillaume Frechette and Tobias Salz)
- John Van Reenen , London School of Economics, “Crises and Firm Organisation” (joint with Philippe Aghion, Nick Bloom, Raffaella Sadun)
- John Matsusaka, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California, "The Precarious Link between Legislators and Constituents: Evidence from Matched Roll Call and Referendum Votes"
- F. Andrew Hanssen, Clemson University, “The Foundations of Wealth-Enhancing Democracy: Aristotle, Lindahl, and Institutional Design in Ancient Greece” (joint with Robert K. Fleck)
- Jean Francois Houde, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
- Michael Powell, Kellogg School, Northwestern University
- Robert Fleck, Clemson University
- Stephen Haber, Stanford University